The Welty Home for the Aged Inc., incorporated in 1950, is comprised of three residential facilities, all located in the same neighborhood in Wheeling, West Virginia, dedicated to a common goal of providing quality housing and health care for the senior population of the area. The three facilities include The Welty Apartments LC, The Welty Home LC, and Good Shepherd Nursing Home LC.
The Welty Home for the Aged, Inc. offers distinct care for different stages of senior adult life with facilities for independent retirement living, assisted living, and intermediate and skilled nursing care. One exceptional advantage of this range of care is that those who are a part of the Welty family will have priority should their needs change and they require placement in another of Welty’s facilities.
The facilities and services of The Welty Home for the Aged, Inc. were made possible through the charitable donation of Clara and Bertha Welty. The Welty sisters left the bulk of their estate to the Archbishop John J. Swint, Reverend Edmond J. Yahn and W.B. Tucker in trust “to use the same and the income therefrom to and for the benefit of the non-profit corporation known as The Welty Memorial Home for the Aged…having as its object the care and housing of deserving aged people.”